Skip to main content


read progress

Request A Bonded Title For Your Untitled Vehicle

minute read

vehicles including car, pickup, suv, and jeep with request a bonded title for your untitled vehicle

Do you have a vehicle that is 30 years old or older with no record on file for ownership and no bill of sale? Request a bonded title through the Department of Revenue. 

Upon completion of the Bonded Title Request Form, one of our trusted agents from the Motor Vehicle Division will value and search your vehicle. Once the vehicle has been valued, the Motor Vehicle Division will send back the required documents needed for the individual to purchase a bond from a South Dakota surety bond company. 

Please visit your local county treasurer's office with the following documentation to start the bonded title process:

An individual has up to 24 months from when the bonded title request is approved to apply for a title with a disclaimer stating it has a bond to the title. 

Additional information can be found in our bonded titles section found here. For any questions you may have, please email

Recommended Articles

The Spring 2022 Newsletter is Now Available!

Find information on the sales and property tax relief fund available for seniors and disabled South Dakotans, exciting news from Lotto American, questions to ask when working with transient vendors and so much more in the 2022 Spring Newsletter.

Read More about The Spring 2022 Newsletter is Now Available!

Sales & Property Tax Refund Applications Now Available

Read on to see if you are eligible for a sales or property tax refund issued by the South Dakota Department of Revenue.

Read More about Sales & Property Tax Refund Applications Now Available

Office Closure - Watertown

Due to white out conditions our office in Watertown closed at noon today.

Read More about Office Closure - Watertown