Malt Beverage (Retailer, On and Off-Sale) Fact Sheet


Examples of Malt Beverage Retailers

  • Convience stores with video lottery
  • Restaurants
  • Bars

Who Needs a License?

Anyone who will be selling malt beverages for consumption on the premises and packages of malt beverages.


The department encourages applicants to review the laws that apply to this license.


The malt beverage (retailer, on and off-sale) license fee is $300.00, payable to your local governing body. A Federal Alcohol Stamp is also required.

How to Apply?

Contact your local finance office if the business will be located within the city limits or your county auditor if the business will be located outside the city limits.

Home  |  SD.GOV  |  DOR Intranet |  SD News  | Privacy Policy
445 E Capitol Avenue, Pierre, SD 57501

© Copyright 2012 - State of South Dakota