Four-Wheel All-Terrain Vehicles

Chapter 32-03

Any all-terrain vehicle with four or more wheels with a combustion engine having a piston or rotor displacement of two hundred cubic centimeters or more may be licensed as a motorcycle to be used on a public highway. The licensed four-wheel, all-terrain vehicle may not be operated on the interstate highway.

An Application for Motor Vehicle Title and Registration must be completed and filed in the county of the applicant's residence. The application must be filed in the county of the new applicant's residence. The application must be signed by the record owner(s) or by an authorized agent for the record owner(s). If the application is signed by an authorized agent, a power of attorney document must be attached to verify the appointment. A manufacturer's statement of origin (MSO) or valid ownership document must be attached.

Motor vehicle titling and registration fees are done through your local county treasurers office. Click here for all applicable license fees that must be paid to the county treasurer.

Home  |  SD.GOV  |  DOR Intranet |  SD News  | Privacy Policy
445 E Capitol Avenue, Pierre, SD 57501

© Copyright 2012 - State of South Dakota