What Can We Do For You Today?
In order to better serve our customers and partners, the South Dakota Department of Revenue has launched a new website. The website re-design is our first in nearly a decade. While the new design provides a modern look, it also has several new features that will make the information you are looking for much easier to find.
- Robust Search Function - Type in keywords from the homepage or menu and we’ll serve the content you need in real time.
- Mobile-Friendly Design - Take us on the go, just like you’ve always wanted.
- Streamlined Menus - Whether you're an individual, business owner or government partner, you will quickly find the information that applies to you.
- Improved Live Chat – You may now get in touch with one our motor vehicle experts with just a click of your mouse.
- Electronic Forms - Submit many of our applications and forms with the click of a mouse.
- Improved Calendar and Newsroom – Whether it’s an important deadline or best practices, you can easily access the latest news and upcoming events from the department.
How We Got Here
The Department of Revenue’s website redesign didn’t get completed overnight, and we weren’t alone. In partnership with Lawrence & Schiller, we received feedback from individuals, businesses, and county officials on how we could better serve them. This feedback was invaluable as it built the foundations to the new site. We followed up with testing for many of these parties, which put the finishing touches to the new site. We thank all our partners who assisted us in building the new site.
Note: While the website’s homepage URL did not change, other pages on the new site have different URL addresses. Users with bookmarks to the old site will need to update their bookmarks.