Transportation Companies Fact Sheet


Examples of Transporters of Alcoholic Beverages

  • Transportation Companies
  • Liquor and wine licensees transporting their own product from wholesalers to their retail store.

Who Needs a License?

Anyone transporting liquor or wine to wholesale or retail outlets.


The department encourages applicants to review the laws that apply to this license.


The transportation company license fee is $25.00, payable to the South Dakota Department of Revenue.

How to Apply?

Submit an application here:

  1. Start a new application without creating an account.
  2. Select your business type.
  3. Select your alcohol license (New or Renewal)
  4. Complete your application.
  5. Pay for your application.

Note: Transporter licenses will be linked to your EPath account. EPath will send you a courtesy email reminder prior to this license expiring. You will simply need to log into your EPath account and click a RENEW link.  


Home  |  SD.GOV  |  DOR Intranet |  SD News  | Privacy Policy
445 E Capitol Avenue, Pierre, SD 57501

© Copyright 2012 - State of South Dakota