Malt Beverage (Package Retailers, Off-Sale) Fact Sheet


Examples of Package Dealers of Malt Beverages

  • Convenience Stores
  • Grocery Stores

Who Needs a License?

Anyone who will be selling packages of malt beverages for consumers to take off the licensed premise.


The department encourages applicants to review the laws that apply to this license.


The malt beverage (package dealers) license fee is $200.00, payable to your local governing body. A Federal Alcohol Stamp is also required.

How to Apply?

Contact your local finance office if the business will be located within the city limits or your county auditor if the business will be located outside the city limits.

Home  |  SD.GOV  |  DOR Intranet |  SD News  | Privacy Policy
445 E Capitol Avenue, Pierre, SD 57501

© Copyright 2012 - State of South Dakota