Carrier Fact Sheet


Examples of Carriers

  • Limousine Services
  • Airlines
  • Tour Buses

Who Needs a License?

Any business or person who transports persons for a fee and wishes alcohol to be present on the vehicle for use by the customers.


The department encourages applicants to review the laws that apply to this license.


The carrier license fee is $100.00, payable to the South Dakota Department of Revenue. The license entitles the licensee to sell or serve alcoholic beverages on all conveyances the licensee operates within the state. No county or city fees apply to this license.

How to Apply?

The department requires applications (PDF) to be submitted via regular postal mail with all applicable fees. Address the envelope to:

  • South Dakota Department of Revenue
  • Attn: Special Taxes
  • 445 East Capitol Avenue
  • Pierre, SD 57501-3185
Home  |  SD.GOV  |  DOR Intranet
445 E Capitol Avenue, Pierre, SD 57501

© Copyright 2012 - State of South Dakota