Below are procedures to be followed in assigning a lien from one bank to another:
- The bank that the lien has been assigned to or the owner of the vehicle should present the following to the county treasurer of the county the vehicle is registered in:
- Lien assignment agreement signed by representatives of each bank;
- Certificate of title, unless ELT.
- The county treasurer will note on the system and on the lien notation area on the title beside the original lienholder, the name of the bank the reassignment is being made to, the date the reassignment is being made, and the signature of the county treasurer. As set out in statute, the lien notation fee should be assessed.
- The county will change the computer system to reflect the reassignment and retain copies of the lien assignment.